Below is the latest edition of the MESPA quarterly scheduled meetings, along with “SAVE THE DATE” for our first annual MESPA symposium, topic: Dysphagia.
1) Sunday, July 12, 2015, 6:00-8:00 pm: Topic-“From Student to Extern: Supervising the New Generation of SLP’s, They did not Teach me that in School” by Felix Matias M.S., CCC-SLP, Clinical Instructor of the University of South Florida
2) Sunday, October 11, 2015, 6:00-8:00 pm: Topic-“Screening for Cognitive & Communicative Impairments in Acute Care” by Jackie Hinkley PhD, CCC-SLP, of Choose Quality, LLC, Associate Professor Emeritus, University of South Florida
3) SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, November 7th, 2015, 8:30 am-12:30 pm, 1st Annual MESPA Symposium-Dysphagia 4 hours/.4 CEU’s FREE! (additional information soon to follow)
3) *Topic Change:* Sunday, January 10, 2016, 6:00-8:00 pm: Topic-“Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery: Overview and Implications for the Medical SLP” by Andrea Hayes M.S., CCC-SLP, Supervisor of Speech-Language Pathology of Blake Medical Center
4) Sunday, April 10, 2016, 6:00-8:00 pm: Topic-“The Impact of Anterior Cervical Spinal Surgery on Dysphagia” by Miranda Vargus, M.S., CCC-SLP, Speech Pathologist of Tampa General Hospital
If you have any topics you would like presented or would like to speak on a specific subject, please email the MESPA team at: MESPA2013@gmail.com
If you have any questions or concerns regarding MESPA, please email the MESPA team at:MESPA2013@gmail.com
If anyone wishes to be on the MESPA email list, please feel free to send an email to:MESPA2013@gmail.com
As always, MESPA quarterly meetings are open to speech-language pathologists, as well as students in the field of speech-language pathology, and meetings are FREE for 2.0 hours/.2 CEU’s.